These fluffy ricotta hotcakes are super moist with a flavor similar to cheesecake (I mean, who doesn’t love cheesecake?) I love traditional pancakes and crepes but sometimes it’s nice to make a bit more of an effort to prepare these ricotta hotcakes, which are perfect for a weekend treat or brunch.
fluffy ricotta hotcakes
- half a cup of buckwheat flour
- half a cup of almond meal
- two teaspoons of baking powder
- half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- a pinch of himalayan salt
- four eggs, separated
- quarter of a cup of coconut milk (or filtered water)
- two thirds of a cup of ricotta cheese
- coconut oil, to cook
- two tablespoons of maple syrup
In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
Then add the egg yolks, coconut milk and maple syrup, and mix well.
Gently stir through the ricotta cheese.
Beat the egg whites until firm peaks form and gently fold into the mixture.
Place coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan and allow to melt over a low-medium heat.
Add a ladle-filled of batter and leave to cook for one to two minutes, or until bubbles start to form, before flipping to the other side.
Repeat this process for the remaining hotcake batter.
Serve with desired toppings such as maple syrup, banana, cinnamon and yogurt.